<VV> AC questions

jim bannister jimster1 at earthlink.net
Thu Jul 18 13:55:34 EDT 2013

If it were me, I'd not even try to find\pay for a refill of R-12.  I'd get
one of the "alternative" refrigerants.  They are on a par with R-12 and much
colder than R-134.
Jim

I want to get the AC serviced in my 66 Monza. There aren't too many places
that will touch the R-12 systems anymore. A couple places still have the
equipment but need me to provide the R-12. That's not too difficult to find.

So my first question: How much R12 do I need to completely refill the
system?

There are a couple places that will convert the system over to 134.

My second question is how effective is the stock Corvair AC system with 134?

Thanks,
Ned