<VV> Night and Day - Our Last Day Convention report

Sethracer at aol.com Sethracer at aol.com
Sat Jul 20 22:36:42 EDT 2013

About 10 minutes after I sent out my Banquet/Results email last night, the
Lightning was too much for part of the electrical grid around the host
hotel.  The power dropped off. Not just our hotel, many city blocks were
without!  As of this afternoon - and likely, according to the hotel folks, until
tomorrow, no power at the hotel. I was hitched up and ready to bring the race
 car over to the car display (Thanks for holding that spot for me, Rick!)
But we  had to, in essence, abandon the hotel for Saturday night. To do that,
we had to  fully pack for the flat-tow home, which meant the race car was
fully packed with  crap. That took until mid-morning and we had to drop the
plan for  displaying it at the Gilmore. Since we didn't really have an
alternate  hotel location, we decided to visit the Gilmore car display - Very
impressive  Corvair displays - then hot-foot it back toward California. I walked
a bit of  the Gilmore Museum with Bob & Ray - (That would be Norwalk and
Fallot)   and they had a bunch of great "background" info on some of the
classic cars.  Tonight Barb and I are outside of Des Moines, Iowa. Westward, Ho!

Seth Emerson

Last Nights E-mail: (duplicate for Fastvairs)

Michael LeVeque wins his first Don Yenko Award. (And class  SM-2?) 68.XX
seconds. Marc Wright won SM1 74.XX seconds. Seth Emerson  won SM3 75.18
Seconds. Ryan Counterman won CC-Vintage. Mark Aksamit won  IS-3.

Tim Shortle won long distance award - 1500 miles from Durango

Phil Raker won his second Edward N. Cole award.

Big Concours News - New National Concours Chairman named - Canadian  Jim
Diehl.

Big Concours News 2  Seth Emerson's "Stinger" sets new Concours record
score! 60 points
Well - it is a record Low score.  Race car could not be opened for  scoring
so most points deducted.