<VV> AC questions

aeroned at aol.com aeroned at aol.com
Mon Jul 22 12:52:19 EDT 2013

Thanks for the advice guys. I found a couple sources for R12 and now have 9 cans, more than enough for a recharge (not too difficult to find and I paid less that $20 per can). The car is going to one of the two shops in town that still handle R12 on Thursday. It will be serviced by their "old car guy" and I'm going to remain on site incase he has any questions about the Corvair system (I just hope I know enough about the system to answer his questions). I've already told them about the compressor not running with the engine lid open. The goal would be to find and repair any leaks and get the system recharged so it's cold again (it worked for a while back in May, so I don'r suspect any major problems).

Stay tuned...
Ned