<VV> history

ebittman at tampabay.rr.com ebittman at tampabay.rr.com
Wed Jul 24 15:08:34 EDT 2013

The '91 convention was superb,not only by the talk by Nader,but I believe Dave Newell had  his display of Corvair advertising and memoribilia there which in itself is impressive.It was also the first time I laid eyes on what would eventually become my car-the 60 sedan that won the Ed Cole award. Of course I didn't know that at the time.
 I cannot help but think that we are losing important Corvair history,a little every year. Everything from brochures to original cars that are being "restored" and modified. I owned the Corvair "Hippie Van' used in the Venture intro commercial,lost track of it after it didnt sell on Ebay. Anyone know where it is? I'm in the process of restoring as accurate as possible my 62 Bell telephone van.For sure a long and expensive process but well worth it when it's done.
 Ed Bittman  Dade City,Fl