<VV> AC Answers

aeroned at aol.com aeroned at aol.com
Thu Jul 25 13:52:17 EDT 2013

Well, the AC has been serviced and is nice and cold now...

The system held vacuum for "about 30 minutes" and had plenty of oil. They pulled about 1 and a half pounds of freon out. They added 3 and a half cans of the R12 I provided.

One "interesting" note, the tech said he had to rewire the ground on the compressor because "someone wired it through the mercury switch for the light and it wouldn't work with the engine lid open." They even charged me $37.50 for that service. I told him that the "someone that wired that way" was GM and why it was wired that way and the mercury switch wasn't for the light. He un-rewired it and uncharged me for that. I still have 5 cans of freon for the future.

The AC is so cold, that I had to turn the fan down and even turned the temp up a little on the 30 minute ride home (it was only in the mid 80's). Really looking forward to driving this beauty around in total coolness. I just need to keep reminding myself that it's still For Sale...

Ned