<VV> Bad paint product warning (A Suggestion)

Dale Dewald dkdewald at pasty.net
Fri Jul 26 16:04:30 EDT 2013

On 7/15/2013 21:22, RoboMan91324 at aol.com wrote:
> >>snip<<
>
> While discussing quality control, etc. with another VV member  off list,
> something popped into my alleged mind as a possible solution to your  problem.
>   It is simple and possibly even obvious but sometimes the obvious  escapes
> us.
>
> You say that the bronze color paint is lighter than before,  clogs easily
> and when it sprays, it comes out in a rough texture.  These  are all
> indications that the solids in the liquid are not truly  homogenous.  Perhaps the
> particulate matter in the "Series 1" product was  easier to disperse and you
> got used to giving it a shake of short  duration.  The "Series 2" product may
> need you to shake the devil out of it  to get good results.  If you haven't
> thrown the can out, giving it another  shake might be worth a try.

I have another take on this: Apparently the solids content of the
Eastwood paint was increased, or the amount of solvent/vehicle was
reduced.  This would fit with an EPA mandated reformulation of the paint
to reduce VOC emissions.  I suspect that it will not be long before
conventional solvent lacquers, enamels, etc are history, and all that
will be available will be water based formulas.

Dale Dewald
Hancock, MI