<VV> Early Corvair history in a Pontiac sponsored Article!

Daniel Monasterio González dmonasterio at hotmail.com
Fri Jul 26 19:52:55 EDT 2013

Quoting Tom Goad:

<<I was assigned the job of figuring out why Corvair engines were tossing
their cooling fan belts. A technician and I solved the problem after
testing hundreds of different belts from various manufactures. We found
out that by using only a specific design Goodyear smoothly wrapped V belt
would pass our test. It would not climb up the sides of the pulleys and
fly off. A cut V belt of any manufacturer, with its raw edges, would
easily come off in our high revving engine test.>>

<< I testified in three court trials and it is the only car (Corvair) ever
proven safe in a courtroom despite all the crazy analysis in by Ralph
Nader and his book "Unsafe at Any Speed".>>

Two new things I learnt today about our beloved cars.Thanks Matt, for
sharing.

Daniel Monasterio