<VV> Swannanoa Road Trip

Ray Davis scout1977 at hotmail.com
Sun Jul 28 17:58:48 EDT 2013

The Central Virginia Corvair Club is making a road trip to Swannanoa, near Afton, Virginia on Saturday, August 3.  Attached is current and historical information on Swannanoa.  Although it is not as nice now as it was in it's prime, the tour should still be interesting.

 The plan  calls for the Richmond crew to meet on Rt 250 at Centerville west of Rt 288 and leave promptly 9:30 AM.  The meeting location is the Exxon station on Rt 250 just west of the intersection with Ashland Rd. Those West of Richmond can meet the Richmond convoy at 10:30 AM at the Zions Crossroads Burger King.  The Burger King is near I-64 exit #136 on the right side of the road going south on Rt 15 from I-64.  We will convoy up US Rt 250 from Zions Crossroads, jump on I-64 for a short distance to bypass Charlottesville, then back on Rt 250.  At VA Rt 151 we'll head south to the Blue Mountain Brewery for lunch at 11:30 AM.  Those traveling from the West will meet in the Waynesboro Target parking lot at 10:45.   If you imbibe, please ensure you have a designated driver if necessary.  After we are fed, Alan White will lead us up Afton Mountain to Swannanoa.  The fee for the Swannanoa tour is $6 per person. We need to know who plans to go for restaurant seating purposes and so we don't leave someone behind at one of the rendezvous points.  For those going on the tour, contact Wade Lanning at WBLanning at comcast.net or 804-586-1023 so we can get a preliminary headcount.
Make sure you have gas in your tank, proper air in your tires and that your Corvair has good brakes for the mountains.   All Corvair friends are invited.