<VV> Now Fuel Pumps

corvairduval at cox.net corvairduval at cox.net
Mon Jul 29 16:53:04 EDT 2013

I would think a loose incoming fitting would limit suction at all times
from the tank. Therefore high speed would be where the biggest effect
should be.

True vaporlock is cured by cooling the parts that have gasoline in a vapor
(gas) state to condense it back to a liquid state so the pump will pump
liquid.

Will cooling a loose fitting seal it up?

I have had the rubber hose on the suction side of the pump, like over the
LR wheel on a Corvair, or from the gas tank on a Ford truck, develop a
crack that seals most of the time, but sucks air occasionally and drives
you nuts for a while. Not quite the same symptons as vaporlock after a 10
minute sit, but similar. It will not be cured by cooling the fuel pump or
metal line.

Frank DuVal

Original email: