<VV> How about the cooling fans from these engines?

Mel Francis mfrancis at wi.rr.com
Mon Jul 29 16:57:15 EDT 2013

For the money involved, there's no better fan than the stock Corvair fan and that's not an assumption with no basis.
If you want to spend thousands of dollars developing a cast adapter for an industrial vane-axial fan to a Corvair engine,
go for it! You will have achieved the same thing as the existing Porsche-style vertical fan setup and that costs hundreds.

In its horizontal location, the Corvair fan supplies high pressure air outwardly, directly to the curved
downturn in the stock upper shroud. This downturn is positioned exactly where it needs to be, in order to direct the
cooling airflow precisely into the heads at their hottest point, the exhaust valve seat area in the castings.

Mel