<VV> How about the cooling fans from these engines?

Mark Durham 62vair at gmail.com
Wed Jul 31 11:45:14 EDT 2013

Bob is correct. The design of the Corvair head and cylinder fins are
made to flow a certain cfm air at a certain pressure differential
across the fins. I used to design engine and intercooler air inlet's
for aircraft engines. Just providing more pressure may not work because
of fin design and spacing. too much pressure can stall the air, create
turbulence above the cylinders and create hot spots. What may be more
beneficial, for the racing environment, is to find that sweet spot for
pressure differential and supply a consistent supply of cooling air at
the right pressure. The Corvair fan provide this and the
thermostatically controlled air exits keep the engine at a uniform
consistent operating temperature. The system works phenomenally well
considering the inconsistent RPM's and power settings the engines
experience!
Mark Durham 62 Coupe 4 speed Red/Red.
Hauser Idaho

Sent from my Windows Phone