<VV> Powerglide Transmission Cooler install

Sethracer at aol.com Sethracer at aol.com
Wed Jun 5 11:16:45 EDT 2013

Gary - I am pretty sure that the FC PG had 1/4" NPT pipe threads for the
cooler. Only the FC cross-member had the holes for the fittings to pass
through.  I installed an FC front plate on a car PG in an autocross car (about 25
years  ago!). There is also an internal block-off freeze plug in the FC PG
that  makes the fluid go out through the cooler. To put it in a late model,
I had to  open up two big holes for the fittings to pass through the
crossmember. I used  two 1/4" NPT  nipples, about three inches long, then adapted
the hoses onto  the end of the pipe nipples. Depending on what crossmember
you are using,  you may need the clearance to get at the fittings. Installing
a hose end  directly into the PG would have been difficult, at least with my
modified  crossmember. I don't know which crossmember the Ultravan used. -
Seth Emerson

In a message dated 6/5/2013 7:08:26 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,