<VV> [fastvair] Re: Activity

corvairduval at cox.net corvairduval at cox.net
Thu Jun 6 11:15:19 EDT 2013

The Indiana high price must be based on cost of transportation or some
other unknown factor, since, although your state fuel tax is high, it is
not as high as many of the places you visited on your trip. See:

http://www.api.org/oil-and-natural-gas-overview/industry-economics/~/media/F
iles/Statistics/Gasoline-Tax-Map.pdf

What just shocked me is the fuel tax in New Jersey. My uncle always
complained of high taxes in NJ. I guess the other taxes are so high that
they have one of the lowest state fuel taxes in the nation.

>From highest to lowest is about a 10% per gallon difference. From 68.9
cents to 32.4 centes per gallon, a 36.5 cent difference (combined federal
and state taxes). So differences of $1 per gallon are not just tax related
differences.

Frank DuVal

Original email:
-----------------
From: Ratliff, Thomas Thomas.Ratliff at indwes.edu
Date: Thu, 6 Jun 2013 13:49:15 +0000
To: virtualvairs at corvair.org
Subject: Re: <VV> [fastvair] Re: Activity

I just completed a two week vacation through all the states of New England.
We were in Niagara Falls; Burlington (VT), Portland, (ME), Boston,
Providence, NYC, and Wilmington, to name a few.  The most expensive
gasoline I found on our entire trip was when I filled up at home in Marion,
Indiana.  There's something very painful about our pump prices here that I
simply can't explain.  May all the rest of you continue to enjoy prices
like Hank just referenced.

Thomas