<VV> binding shifter rod on 67 vair

DON W HILTPOLD JR igotstuff at msn.com
Sun Jun 9 12:15:51 EDT 2013

I spoke to Andy about this and I thought I would run through here to get more info. I have a guy who lives in my neighborhood who recently bought a 67 Corvair with a 4 speed transmission and after a week or two his shifting became impossible, the shifter wouldn't budge . I put a jack under the car ( drivers side ) and raised it up to see what was doing at the trans, with the weight off the ground I could shift by hand under the car but as soon as it was lower to the ground and weighted the shifter again won't budge . Is this a trans mount problem or could there be problems with the shifter tube. I drive earlies and I've never had this kind of problem.
Don in Wisconsin