<VV> binding shifter rod on 67 vair

harryyarnell harryyarnell at verizon.net
Sun Jun 9 13:15:27 EDT 2013

More information is needed here.
When you jacked up the driver's side, did the left rear wheel clear the
ground? Jacking the body has a DENDENCY to lower the drivetrain,
exacerbating binding of the shift tube where it exists the tunnel.
How did you shift gears once it was up in the air? With the shifter? By hand
at the coupler at the tranny?
It is possible the shift tube is bent. This happens when you drop a
powertrain and forget to disconnect the shift tube.

I'd disconnect the shifter at the tranny coupler and see how the floor
shifter works (or doesn't).
If its never been done , replace the shifter tube bushings; makes a world of
difference. Some folks leave out the rear bushing (as in deliberately).