<VV> Transmission won't shift into 3/4

Dave Keillor dkeillor at tconcepts.com
Fri Jun 14 09:23:49 EDT 2013

The shifting issue with the tranny (see below) has been found and resolved
- after a complete teardown.  The problem was that the 1-2 selector was
stuck (I thought it was 1-2 that was working, but it was actually 3-4).
Quentin (the tranny guy), said that he couldn't move the selector by hand,
and it took a hit with a rubber mallet to free it up.  After freeing it up,
he expected to find some issue, but everything looked good and it moved
freely.  The tranny had set "dry" for several months after the rebuild, but
there should have been enough residual oil to keep stuff from sticking. So,
who knows.  It works fine now and hopefully will keep doing so.

Dave Keillor