<VV> LM Corvair on Mythbusters

hihal6 at gmail.com hihal6 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 20 15:25:05 EDT 2013

They have a lot of fun with their experiments and most of them are fun to
watch.

Some years ago they "proved" that you cannot stop a car from highway speed
by shifting an auto transmission into reverse. I wrote to them with the
story about the GM executive who demanded that the Corvair be able to
repeatedly stop the car from 60 MPH by shifting the Powerglide from drive
to reverse.

I never heard a word back and decided that they didn't want   their
previous experiment proved wrong. Maybe enough time has passed that they
would repeat the PG reverse experiment along with repeating the 1973 NHTSA
study. THAT would be an episode worth recording!

Wade Halsey