<VV> LM Corvair on Mythbusters

Steven J. Serenska corvair at serenska.com
Thu Jun 20 12:27:36 EDT 2013

VVers:
> Anyway, for those of you who are not familiar with the show,  it is on The
> Discovery Channel.  The five primary contributors on the show  select myths,
> urban legends, internet videos, etc. and try to prove or disprove  them.
My daughters love this show so I end up watching Mythbusters more than I
normally would.  One of my favorite episodes was when they created a
lead balloon and got it to float.  The balloon was made using a very
thin sheet of lead and was the size of the airplane hangar in which it
was constructed.  Another good one was when they proved/disproved the
various myths about how to distract a guard dog so you can steal
something (e.g., plate of meat, wolf urine, etc.).

If they were shown on an episode driving a Corvair, I would think
there's a good chance that at least one of them has a soft spot for the
marque.  I will definitely be writing to suggest that they recreate the
1973 NHTSA study using a 1960-63 Falcon, Valiant and Corvair, a 1964
Corvair, and the LM year of their choice.  Perhaps they can even execute
some of the more ridiculous stunts shown in drawings in "that friggin'
book".

Fun.

Steven J. Serenska
Bristol, RI