<VV> Over it goes?

RoboMan91324 at aol.com RoboMan91324 at aol.com
Sat Jun 22 22:18:10 EDT 2013

Joel,

Personally, I haven't seen a flipped Corvair but "it  is said" that over
inflating the front tires and under inflating the back tires  causes a Vair to
become more unstable when certain other conditions are  present.  Combining
poor inflation with braking and going around a curve at  higher speeds
seems to be the worst combination.  Instead of spinning out,  the bad inflation
makes it more likely to flip.

Front engine cars have higher tire pressure up front.   This is what
generic service people are used to.  If you get an oil change  someplace or have
some other service performed at a non-Corvair shop.  Make  sure you check
your tire air pressure yourself.  Since our Corvairs  probably do not exist in
most data bases, the "pros" may just assume they know  the "close enough"
pressures and get it all wrong.  Don't assume you will  leave the service area
with the same air pressure you had on  arrival.

Keep the rubber side down,

Doc

In a message dated 6/22/2013 9:00:07 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,

Message:  2