<VV> Drum w/o knock out

hallgrenn at aol.com hallgrenn at aol.com
Sat Jun 22 19:04:22 EDT 2013

Ralph,

In my experience the later LMs had a shallower stamped offset on the drum.  I was never able to easily remove the piece on any '68 for instance. I always ended up drilling out the slot.  I never had to do that on a '65 or '66.  As Matt said, it's easier to pre-adjust, install the drum and then do the rocking backup to initialize the self-adjusters to finish up.

Bob

One of my front wheels on my 69 has a knockout with a rubber plug. I remember
that from many years ago. But the other front drum does not have any signs a
knockout was intended.
I'm at a loss as to how to get both brakes adjusted evenly. Does anyone on this
fine panel have any thoughts as how to proceed?

Hopr to see you all at Kalamazoo
Ralph