<VV> Gas tank install on Late model

Sethracer at aol.com Sethracer at aol.com
Sun Jun 23 23:24:23 EDT 2013

With old filler tube hoses, it will be nearly impossible to re-install  it
with the hoses on. They will not want to bend. With new hoses on the  main
and the vent tube, it is easier. Conversely, it is easier to install the
main hose, clamped to the filler neck, with a used hose, because it is formed
in  the correct position. Changing the clamps to different styles may help.
PS - The  easiest way to install the tank is to drop the front suspension
down first. Not  as hard as it sounds, depending on rust issues on the six
attaching bolts.  Just consider it.

-Seth Emerson

In a message dated 6/23/2013 6:40:13 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,