<VV> Gas Tank Install question II

tkalp at cox.net tkalp at cox.net
Mon Jun 24 19:17:40 EDT 2013

Rich,

The last one I did, I ended up putting both hoses (new) on it, then removed the filler hose from the tank end and left the vent hose on.  That made it quite easy to feed the neck up where it belongs ( I used a broom handle in the neck to help guide it to the hole).  Once the tank was basically up and in position, I let it drop down a few inches and was able to get my pudgy hands and fingers up to put the neck hose onto the tank and tighten the one clamp (the others were snugged before installation).

This worked well for me . . . there are other ways that have worked for others.  Swapping tanks is not a job I look forward to . . .
Have fun and hope some of the advice helps.

T. Kalp
Wichita, KS