<VV> Gas Tank Install question II

J. R. Read hmlinc at sbcglobal.net
Mon Jun 24 23:41:57 EDT 2013

Terry is right - he DOES have pudgy hands!  If he can do it, so can you!

It's been so long since I did one that I don't remember the specific steps.  I DO know that I never took the crossmember down.  As someone suggested, you need to have the clamps lined up in such a way that you can reach them with a 1/4 inch drive socket wrench.  I never cut a hole in the inner fender either.

As I (sort of) recall, the type of steering column can have an affect on your approach to the solution.  What am I talking about?  1 piece or 2, collapsible or not - as examples.

Later, JR