<VV> TANK INSTALL

N2VZD at aol.com N2VZD at aol.com
Tue Jun 25 06:54:27 EDT 2013

I think late and early cars are about the same. One time  (64 convert)  I
cut a slot in the metal around the filler , and folded it up out of the way.
Then I bent it back down neatly , covered  the area with a spray rubberized
 undercoat. The last one I did  (64 spyder) was not my car , and I found
that a LONG 1/4 inch drive wobble extension let me sneak up to the clamps to
tighten them. I put the hose on the filler and vent first. I put a small
amount  of Vaseline inside the hoses. The tricky part was getting the clamps
just tight  enough not to spin when you put the socket on , but loose enough
to go over the  pipe ok. If you look up through that area by the steering
shaft , I think you  will understand . It has been a while since I did the
last one , but I did not  cut any of the body (show car!)    Maybe a late is
slightly  different?
Just did a new one on my rampy , and it went very well! (alone)
Regards, Tim Colson
CNYCC