<VV> LM Gas Tank

John Miller ssvairnut at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 25 07:07:01 EDT 2013

   I'm sure there are 40 ways to do this and a 100 not to. I replace grommet, hose and vent all at the same time. Pulling the tank is a learning experience, you will find  it comes out in a tumbling fashion, then all at once it breaks free and drops. The seam edge corners usually hang up and must be gently pried to the side.  I also remove the grommet and replace all the hoses and clamps at once and attach to tank- this is usually the best way-and how it was done originally. Feed the filler neck up through hole(you need a third hand). Pitch it high to the driver's side, push up and tumble it forward a bit. It will hang up on the corner bend on the passenger side. This is where I place a floor jack under the passenger corner of the tank and use a large flat screwdriver to pressure the top passenger corner of the tank while the third hand applies a bit of gentle pressure with the floor jack. It usually pops right in....the first time of course there is
 a learning curve. Just be observant and use a good shoplight. Oh its best to leave the tank bolts off till its in place. Piece of cake!

John Miller
Iowa