<VV> `66 Corvair 140 Left Side Head Problem ( #4 )?

Matt Nall patiomatt at aol.com
Thu Jun 27 19:10:52 EDT 2013

                       Several months ago I was having trouble adjusting
the valves on my 140, mainly on the # 4 cylinder. Someone e-mailed me
that they were having the same problem and would contact me when they
found out what their trouble was.   I have not heard from them and I
have loosed their address, I would like to hear from them to see what
they found.
                       I have removed the head and have found nothing
more than a slightly bent push rod so far, I may have to tear down the
complete engine and  start over to find the problem.

                          John Howell

All I can tell you is search the VV archives!  Find your posting   and search by Threads!!   Link is at the bottom of every email you get from VV..

Why not start over....

What was the problem?  Where you adjusting when running?  or statically?

Note:  this is where a VIDEO  is so helpful when troubleshooting over the internet!

Matt Nall
Charleston, Oregon
http://tinyurl.com/The-Corvair-Patio

http://tinyurl.com/Matts-Tech-Pages