<VV> 17" or 18" wheels on an FC

Bruce Schug bwschug at att.net
Sat Mar 2 08:43:30 EST 2013

On Mar 1, 2013, at 5:34 PM, Ron <ronh at owt.com> wrote:

> And then you have to use very low profile tires which have a tendancy to
> lose air and fail from any significant bump!  I know, I've had it happen.
> Also, those low profile tires are for the rich only.  15's are a much better
> choice.
> RonH

Ron,

I must disagree with you. There's nothing about "very low profile" tires that would cause them to lose air. I was the first one to fit 16" wheels on a Corvair and have never had this problem. Most new cars use low-profile tires. It's not a problem.

Try to find a new car that comes with 15" wheels and a tire that has an aspect ratio of more than 60.

Bruce

Bruce W. Schug
Membership Chair,
CORSA South Carolina