<VV> High Speed enrichment circuit Carbs - Love them!

Sethracer at aol.com Sethracer at aol.com
Mon Mar 4 01:13:34 EST 2013

Hey, Carbmeister!
Fortunately, for the racers, this is a non-issue. When I relocate the main
jet (And I have done more than 60), the path I use is right through this
circuit, feeding the carb from this end of the float bowl . When the outer
plug is removed - on the "enrichment" carbs, I use the hole as the drill
guide  to drill through to the main well. Much more is done to make it work
correctly,  but this is the easy way in. Plugged with lead? My drill will go
right  through, I'm sure. The carb bases I don't like are the ones where Chevy
saved  .0001 cent by cutting back the material around the base. That makes
the new  drilling of the passage a bit "tricky". When used on the race cars,
the jetting  of the carb is based on NO extra enrichment, so elimination of
this circuit  doesn't matter.

For reference - Rochester called this circuit a "Power System", and said it
 was used to allow leaner settings for better economy in "part-throttle"
driving,  with this circuit adding fuel when needed in high air flow
situation. (I am  still trying to understand the term part-throttle"! <grin>)

(Reference: Rochester Carb H, HV service manual bulletin 9D-6 -Sept  1966)

Seth Emerson

In a message dated 3/1/2013 3:28:40 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,