<VV> Radio Conversion

Bill H. gojoe283 at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 4 14:51:32 EST 2013

                                                                                            B"H

Thanks guys for your feedback.  While the radio looks pretty good, I haven't yet worked out the final aesthetics, for example, the station buttons are no longer used and while the stock '66 outer radio knobs fit the new shafts perfectly, the decorative washer knobs behind the outer knobs don't.

I certainly can take a couple of photos, but I was hoping to get the look as finished as I can.  By the way, it works great.The radio dial even lights up like the factory unit when you turn it on!  AM reception is kind of sketchy, but the FM radio and the Aux/MP3 jack send very good quality audio to your speakers.

By the way, you do need to drill one hole under the bottom of the Delco faceplate to fix the MP3/Aux jack into the slot where the station buttons were (not normally seen), but other than that, the original faceplate can be put back on a stock radio if desired.

The stereo I used was the Dual XC4100, it has an MP3 jack and it's CHEAP! ($25.00), available from AutoZone.

I'm sure someone with more time on their hands than I have, could really make this thing outstanding :)

I'll try to get some instructions/illustrations available sometime this week, G-d willing.

Best regards...Bill