<VV> Radio Conversion? - Hide it

Bill H. gojoe283 at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 6 10:43:06 EST 2013

                                                                                            B"H

Very interesting, but I assume he did have to cut the dash to make room for the DIN stereo.

If you're only using your car occasionally, as a collector vehicle that isn't a driver, it seems to be an excellent solution.  However I use my car daily and I like the idea of not having to move anything to operate the stereo.  My unit works just like stock in that the original knobs work, the MP3 jack sits in a convenient spot on the front of the radio (I'm still working out the cosmetic details).

Another solution I'm considering is putting my FM/MP3 unit under the seat, it has a wireless remote that would let me turn it on and off, work the controls without ever seeing it.  That unit has USB input, which means I can use a thumb drive, copy all my MP3s to it, and leave the drive in the unit as a jukebox.  Then I would use the stock radio for AM only.

There are lots of clever folks out there who have all kinds of interesting ideas.  It's always fun to compare, thanks...Bill