<VV> Radio Conversion? - Hide it

Matt Nall patiomatt at aol.com
Wed Mar 6 10:58:12 EST 2013

B"H

Very interesting, but I assume he did have to cut the dash to make room for the
DIN stereo.

If you're only using your car occasionally, as a collector vehicle that isn't a
driver, it seems to be an excellent solution.  However I use my car daily and I
like the idea of not having to move anything to operate the stereo.  My unit
works just like stock in that the original knobs work, the MP3 jack sits in a
convenient spot on the front of the radio (I'm still working out the cosmetic
details).

Another solution I'm considering is putting my FM/MP3 unit under the seat, it
has a wireless remote that would let me turn it on and off, work the controls
without ever seeing it.  That unit has USB input, which means I can use a thumb
drive, copy all my MP3s to it, and leave the drive in the unit as a jukebox.
Then I would use the stock radio for AM only.

There are lots of clever folks out there who have all kinds of interesting
ideas.  It's always fun to compare, thanks...Bill

  Bill,  please attach some pictures!  We seen the others mentioned....   let's see yours!

Matt Nall
Charleston, Oregon
http://tinyurl.com/The-Corvair-Patio

http://tinyurl.com/Matts-Tech-Pages