<VV> Popular-Science-May-1960 Corvair Article

djtcz at comcast.net djtcz at comcast.net
Sun Mar 10 19:19:58 EDT 2013

originla messages
From: "Bob Gilbert" <bgilbert at gilberts-bc.ca>
Subject: Re: <VV> Popular-Science-May-1960 Corvair Article

Interesting article but what amazes me when I read articles like this is
that most of the reported problems could have(or should have) been caught
during basic testing. Didn't the original belt system exhibit these problems
during testing? Was there no cold weather testing and so on?
Regards,
Bob

The Benzinger interview covers some cold weather and belt issues. Some of it sounded like pre-production experience, but as the speech was given with "benefit" of more than 10 years hindsight it would likely not have been the same as one delivered from the trenches and under fire.

http://www.vv.corvair.org/Library/benzinger.htm