<VV> Interesting but partially completed Vair 4x4 Buggy question!

Matt Nall patiomatt at aol.com
Sun Mar 10 19:55:22 EDT 2013

Looks like an EM four speed with something extra. Given the EM 4 speeds have side by side main/countershafts, this is consistent. Given there's a Corvair diff at the front, my guess is someone modified the case with the intent of putting a power take off to the front diff. Like to know what they had in mind, given there's no decent access to the output shaft to the front from within the tranny. Unless he's planning on using the reverse gear teeth on the 1-2 slider...

John Roberts

  Good insight!   The current owner knows nothing....  The trans case looks like there's a "cast Boss"  at the opening?  At least to me...  I 'll keep everyone informed as we learn more...

  No one's   sure if the builder is still around..  but it does run....  and has been used  recently..  just never completed!

Matt Nall
Charleston, Oregon
http://tinyurl.com/The-Corvair-Patio

http://tinyurl.com/Matts-Tech-Pages