<VV> Interesting but partially completed Vair 4x4 Buggy question!

jvhroberts at aol.com jvhroberts at aol.com
Sun Mar 10 20:10:26 EDT 2013

 My guess is the case was welded up then post machined. Given the PTO parts aren't there, well, my guess is using the reverse teeth didn't work so well, which is fairly predictable. The best way to do this is to either add a spacer between the tranny and the rear and add gearing there, or make a new pinion shaft in the rear diff, with a small diameter but wide gear cut into it, and use idlers to take the power off of the top. Alas, Corvair trannies aren't like Porsche, VW, Audi or Subaru trannies in this respect.

John Roberts