<VV> Interesting but partially completed Vair 4x4 Buggy question!

Matt Nall patiomatt at aol.com
Sun Mar 10 20:23:21 EDT 2013

My guess is the case was welded up then post machined. Given the PTO parts aren't there, well, my guess is using the reverse teeth didn't work so well, which is fairly predictable. The best way to do this is to either add a spacer between the tranny and the rear and add gearing there, or make a new pinion shaft in the rear diff, with a small diameter but wide gear cut into it, and use idlers to take the power off of the top. Alas, Corvair trannies aren't like Porsche, VW, Audi or Subaru trannies in this respect.

John Roberts

Makes sense!  Sadly, that is far beyond the current owns  abilities....  knowledge and $$,  I suspect...

Matt Nall

Charleston, Oregon
http://tinyurl.com/The-Corvair-Patio

http://tinyurl.com/Matts-Tech-Pages