<VV> Cooling

Matt Nall patiomatt at aol.com
Mon Mar 11 19:37:07 EDT 2013

-----Original Message-----
From: Jon Woolf <jon at jonwoolf.com>

Has anyone tried an electric fan instead of mechanical drive?  That
thing must suck up a lot of HP.  And does it need to run all the time?
A thermostat controlled electric might give a boost in power.

  YES...  and only a few    "Appear" to have succeeded in  being able to drive the Vair exactly the same as with the Belt Fan...

It's one of those  "if you have to ask"... it's not for you....

  There's a guy who's installing a Corvair Specialties system.. I think you know about him?

Let's see if this new design fan..and the MODS  he is making to the engine just for using an electric fan... Work any better than  the ones we've read about here...

I can only remember the "Scalzi  Fan" tests   failed miserably  during some very well done and instrumented testing....

 Yet I followed the Scalzi's  up the hill from Reno to Tahoe in 90f heat at 60 mph    one time.....  seemed to work just fine.....

But they had  taken years to make the system work on their cars...they had two...   and then sold it as a "Bolt-on"....  and that's how it was tested...and failed miserably!

Matt Nall
Charleston, Oregon
http://tinyurl.com/The-Corvair-Patio

http://tinyurl.com/Matts-Tech-Pages