<VV> Cooling

Mel Francis mfrancis at wi.rr.com
Mon Mar 11 20:00:19 EDT 2013

Yes I have and it's not as easy as it initially seems.
The electric fan consumes a lot of horsepower too, but the load is now going
through the alternator.
The electric motor in our unit measures about 20 amps in continuous running,
but at fan startup,
the initial full-voltage spike leaps to almost 35 amps.
Here's a photo:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/mel_francis/6582973759/in/photostream
The next step would be to come up with a high-amperage motor controller,
that can soft-start
and run at different speeds, to suit the different engine speeds and loads,
but that hasn't happened
yet and would wind up being the most expensive part of the setup.

I'm leaning back to reinstalling the original belt setup, myself.

Mel Francis