<VV> HELP: Apparent Electrical Issue

corvairduval at cox.net corvairduval at cox.net
Thu Mar 14 12:25:19 EDT 2013

NOT the coil!

Coil has nothing to do with headlamps.

Coils have to be the most replaced GOOD parts on a Corvair.

If the battery positive lead shorts, like Joel says, the results are
unmistakeable.

If the generator just quit, the lights will dim slightly, but the engine
power should remain up until the battery goes quite dead.

Generator or alternator?

Sounds like intermittent on the #10 red wire through the engine harness
connector.

Frank DuVal