<VV> Electric Fans

Jon Woolf jon at jonwoolf.com
Mon Mar 18 10:39:23 EDT 2013

Jeez, all I did was to innocently ask if anyone had heard of using an
electric fan for cooling their 'vair instead of the inefficient belt
driven one!  Since then, you guys have had your pitchforks and scythes
out, all saying, "ooh! ooh! I know that!   Listen to me!", practically
calling each other out!

It's so easy nowadays to be an 'expert' and publish. I thought that this
was a friendly forum, a place to ask questions and maybe get some
history, find parts, etc, related to Corvairs, instead of being the
shooting gallery that it seems to be. Sheesh!

It's a bit like being in a small town in an exotic car. If you're all
alone, and want company, just pop the hood. You will have a crowd of
'experts', wrenches in hand, around your car in 2 minutes flat, all
earnestly sure they know what's wrong- even if there is nothing wrong.

Enjoy your cars. I know I do. Don't get bitter and twisted and
argumentative on a forum- it's a sure way to destroy it.  Yes, express
your opinion- but don't confuse opinions with facts.

Enjoy.