<VV> Electric Fans

Matt Nall patiomatt at aol.com
Mon Mar 18 15:46:10 EDT 2013

From: Jon Woolf
Has anyone tried an electric fan instead of mechanical drive?  That

thing must suck up a lot of HP.  And does it need to run all the time?
A thermostat controlled electric might give a boost in power.

> Jeez, all I did was to innocently ask if anyone had heard of using an
> electric fan for cooling their 'vair instead of the inefficient belt
> driven one!  Since then, you guys have had your pitchforks and scythes
> out, all saying, "ooh! ooh! I know that!   Listen to me!", practically
> calling each other out!
>
> It's so easy nowadays to be an 'expert' and publish. I thought that this
> was a friendly forum, a place to ask questions and maybe get some
> history, find parts, etc, related to Corvairs, instead of being the
> shooting gallery that it seems to be. Sheesh!
>
> It's a bit like being in a small town in an exotic car. If you're all
> alone, and want company, just pop the hood. You will have a crowd of
> 'experts', wrenches in hand, around your car in 2 minutes flat, all
> earnestly sure they know what's wrong- even if there is nothing wrong.
>
> Enjoy your cars. I know I do. Don't get bitter and twisted and
> argumentative on a forum- it's a sure way to destroy it.  Yes, express
> your opinion- but don't confuse opinions with facts.
>
> Enjoy.

May we ask WHY   YOU ASKED????   A quick search of our Archives [  link at the bottom of every email you get from us ]  would turn up 1,000's of posts on this!

Matt Nall
Charleston, Oregon
http://tinyurl.com/The-Corvair-Patio

http://tinyurl.com/Matts-Tech-Pages