<VV> alternate fans

Joel McGregor joel at joelsplace.com
Mon Mar 18 22:49:01 EDT 2013

A variable belt drive has to have a variable pulley on both ends and it would miss-align the belt and cause more belts to come off.  There would also be problems getting the signals & power to your electrically variable pulley system.  All that mess make a hydraulic setup look like a better option.
A more efficient stock replacement fan with an aluminum hub and titanium pulley would be a better place to shoot for.  There are probably some modern plastics that would handle the heat.  They might also be a good choice for hub material.
Joel McGregor