<VV> VV webpages / Archives Suggestions.

Matt Nall patiomatt at aol.com
Mon Mar 18 22:58:41 EDT 2013

Here are some suggestions:

1) Let's provide a modified example of Matt's instructions above on the VV sign-up page.  Something like: "Welcome to Virtual Vairs.  VV was started in 1994(?) to discuss all things related to Corvairs.  Before posting, you may wish to use Google to search the VV archives to see if your question has already been discussed.  One effective search method involves starting Google in your browser, entering "<my topic> site:www.vv.corvair.org"; as your search, and then reading through the results.  In the above, replace '<my topic>' with whatever you're interested in learning about (e.g., seat belts, tires, radios, carburetors, brakes, etc.)."

2) Even better, let's put that nifty search feature that's located at http://www.vv.corvair.org/archive.htm on the SIGNUP SCREEN
and on the screen that's shown when the archives link is clicked.

3) And, if there truly are instructions for searching the Archives four different ways, let's put those on the archives page itself, instead of the lame little "You can get more information about this list" link.

      Steven "been on this list for 13+ years and wishes he could put
      back a hundredth of what he's gotten out of it" Serenska

      '65 Monza Convertible, 110/4

      '66 Corsa Coupe, 140/4

I totally agree...  Thanks for the support!

 See attached pics for  Suggestion  #3         The "four  ways"  are #1 Thread  , #2   By  Topic  ,  #3  By Author, #4   By Date

Matt Nall
Charleston, Oregon
http://tinyurl.com/The-Corvair-Patio

http://tinyurl.com/Matts-Tech-Pages