<VV> Astro 1 engine fans

BobHelt at aol.com BobHelt at aol.com
Tue Mar 19 11:10:51 EDT 2013

Jim,
Sorry I can't answer your questions, but I can tell you that according to
the test engineer's report on the Astro 1 engine, the horsepower to drive
the  fans was just about the same as required for the stock Corvair engines.
I.e., about 27 hp at 6000 rpm engine speed. Of course belt life will be much
 better for the Astro setup. So we can see that the Astro 1's fans are no
more efficient than the Corvair's fans.
Regards,
Bob Helt

In a message dated 3/19/2013 7:22:20 A.M. US Mountain Standard Time,