<VV> REMOVING THEM BIG NUTS

N2VZD at aol.com N2VZD at aol.com
Mon Mar 25 06:58:17 EDT 2013

Now I remember the last strut rod nut I had to get loose after someone else
 worked on it , I used a muffler air chisel on it to split it..I only put a
few  seconds of chisel to it , then tried a large adjustable wrench on it .
no effort  at all to remove it! I have often used an air powered muffler
chisel or punch  blade on stubborn stuff. Sometimes just a good punch or
chisel  mark on the  side of a nut is enough to "wake it up".Air hammer head
makes quick work of  loosening tie rod stuff also.
Regards, Tim Colson