<VV> Look at a car for me?

hank kaczmarek kaczmarek at charter.net
Mon Mar 25 21:35:59 EDT 2013

No, not for me, for some of you.

Oftentimes a VV member is interested in someone going to look at a car for them.  Lots of times we never hear if someone is available.

Being semi-retired now and not by choice,  If anyone needs a car looked at within 600 miles of NC, and you can’t find anyone else, send me a message.

I’m considering going into a part time business appraising Corvairs and other cars, but specializing in Corvairs of course.

I have seen some people (Never were CORSA members) get Absolutely SCHNOOKERED on Corvairs,  even one that DID use an appraiser.

There’s one in a shop near me now---they called me over to laugh at it.  Guy bought a 63 convertible that took almost 150 man-hours of fabrication work just to get the support bars and floor pans back in it so it didn’t fall apart.

The Appraiser didn’t charge him---Good thing---he paid approx 17.5K for a so-so paint job and a so –so interior and a new top.  Rest of the car is Garbage.

I don’t think there is a member on this list that would have given the guy more than 1200 for it, knowing the work that would have to be done.  Probably even less than that.

I’m not looking to become a millionaire, just expenses and a reasonable fee.

Keep me in mind.   I’ve got over 25 years of driving, repairing, and running all over the country to look at Corvairs.

Thanks in Advance

Hank