<VV> Look at a car for me?

Jay Pitchford jay.pitchford at gmail.com
Tue Mar 26 12:48:29 EDT 2013

Not often do I agree with Hank" ... but I do in this case.

Matt is right that good, qualified appraisal help is often available for
free from another CORSA member. I myself would take Steve Serenska's
checklist in hand and go look at one locally for a CORSA member at their
request.

However, I may not be available when the car is. I'm also in the bottom 25%
of CORSA members when it comes to qualifications to make a thorough
assessment. And, I'm an eternal optimist.

Hank is my exact opposite: He's got tons more Corvair experience, is much
more available, and  possesses an inordinate amount of cantankerousness and
skepticism about his fellow human beings.

If a potential buyer doesn't/can't find good free help, or it isn't
available in a timely manner ... and if Hank can provide value at his
price, why not?

One other thought: If you're buying a car from a CORSA member, and you want
to avoid a conflict of interest/friendship by asking a local CORSA member
to critique it for you, who better to send than 'Bite Me' Hank? <GGGGGGGG>

jcp

<snip>