<VV> ABS on a Corvair/What is safe anyway?/Stopping Faster orSlower With ABS

J R Read hmlinc at sbcglobal.net
Wed Mar 27 15:22:12 EDT 2013

I agree...

Since the advent of ABS, I've always thought about it as - more about
steering than stopping.

While it MIGHT help stopping in a shorter distance on dry pavement, I see it
more as a collision avoidance mechanism on slick roads - giving you the
opportunity to steer around things that are harder than an orange rubber
cone.

Later, JR

CCE CORSA CORVANANTICS SCG member
'61 Rampside Standard 4/110