<VV> What is safe anyway

Mark Durham 62vair at gmail.com
Thu Mar 28 00:06:10 EDT 2013

I've been in an accident where a guy jumped in front of me from a side
street, and all I could do was sit back in my seat and watch it happen
because the ABS led me to it. I could not stop fast enough with the abs
doing its thing. Totaled my car, got a face full of airbag dust, I stepped
out without a scratch, yes, I agree, it was designed for those with fewer
driving skills.

Its called defensive driving! I was taught it in High School.

Back to my Corvair. No ABS, I can stop it faster and swerve (ask the deer I
avoided in the Corvair earlier this week in the semi-dark AM hours) as
needed to avoid collisions with -- anything.

My PT cruiser has no ABS, and I can stop it quicker than my daughters PT
Cruiser (same year) with ABS.

I did add a 3 point shoulder harness seat belt system to my EM 62 coupe to
keep my face away from the steering wheel, though.

Mark Durham