<VV> Deves rings?

Mark Durham 62vair at gmail.com
Thu Mar 28 23:07:56 EDT 2013

Bryan, if you want quick break in and decent life, cast rings will do.
I put grant chrome rings in my 110 with bored cylinders and yes, it
took 1500 mile to fully break in indicated by a steadier smooth running
engine. , but it only used 1/4 quart oil the first 100 miles then only
a little puff out one exhaust on start to 1500 miles.

I would not worry so much about ring type because you will be pushing
around a heavier vehicle and the rings will seat in pretty quickly
anyway. Also, if you do the initial break in cold by starting and
running at 1200 to 1500 rpm and rum for 3 min and shut off, let cool,
do it again, let it cool, then on the third start set timing and idle,
then go drive. I used this way to break in rings for years on aircraft
engines which are air cooled too.
Mark Durham

Sent from my Windows Phone