<VV> (RE) independent suspension

Ramon Rodriguez III corvairgrymm at gmail.com
Sat Mar 30 20:54:04 EDT 2013

Just to possibly stir up a little more discussion,  I would like to add
that, as I recall, the source of the statement that 1965 was the first year
for fully independent suspension was cited as coming from GM.

Maybe marketing nonsense, or maybe never stated at all.  I wonder if anyone
can confirm whether or not GM made that statement.  I think I remember the
source of this trivia question and could send an email asking if they have
a citation to back it up.

Again, this is just for good conversation,  My goal is not to prove anyone
wrong.

I'm doing my best to learn as much Corvair history as I can and keep in
mind I wasn't born until ~11 years after the last Corvair rolled off the
assembly line so I started from zero knowledge more recently than most =)

I have the majority of the books on the topic though I still have a few
left to read and a few left to obtain.  I also have started collecting
magazines from the 60's with articles on the Corvair.  I have the issue
with the LM Fitch Sprint on the cover, the 1960 "Car of the year" issue,
and both of the Popular Mechanics issues that have reviews of the Corvair
by Tom McKahill.

I know I have more to find yet.  I will buy an issue of the magazine with
the cover article on Ed Cole.  If any of you have other magazines to
recommend for my list please do so!  More recent magazines with Corvair
articles are appreciated too.  I know there are quite a few Hemming's
articles and I don't have any, nor do I have a list of which issues to look
for.

I'd give a list of the books I have but I'm not home and can't name them
all.

Ray R.
"Certifiable" Corvair Nut